The Board of the IYMF is presided by Enrique Barón Crespo since 1999. The Secretary General is Marianne Poncelet.
MissionThe mission of the IYMF is to remind the political, cultural and educational institutions of the central role of art and creativity in any personal and societal development process.
ActivitiesTaking Yehudi Menuhin's legacy as a source, the IYMF initiates artistic projects that give a voice to all cultures present in Europe:
- The MUS-E® programme socially and culturally integrates children through art at school Implemented in 12 countries. MUS-E® now involves about 50,000 children from 500 primary schools, thanks to the support of the European Union and many national and regional governmental authorities. Over 900 artists take part in the programme.
- The Assembly of Cultures of Europe (ACE) fosters intercultural dialogue within Europe. With the Sharing All Voices three year project, the International Yehudi Menuhin Foundation proposes participative workshops.
- Artistic promotion worldwide.
- Promote artistic collaboration between the national structures with the creation of common projects at the European level.
- Continue and reinforce the programmes of the IYMF and guarantee their expansion within the European Union and beyond.
- Encourage the mobility of artists and intercultural dialogue through innovative projects.
- Consolidate the fame/reputation and the contacts of the International Foundation with beneficial spin-offs for the national associations, the members and the partners of the IYMF.
- Make of the International Foundation an essential contributor to any debate on artistic education and integration through the arts.
- Establish the name of the International Foundation as mark of excellence.
ValuesCreate, Innovate, Share, Respect and Communicate are the core values integrated in all the programmes developed by the Foundation.
"… We should share our art, our landscapes, our sorrows and our joys, we should widen our horizons."
IYMF - International Yehudi Menuhin Foundation
Chaussée de la Hulpe 61 - B-1180 Bruxelles - Belgium
Tel. + 32( 0)2 673 35 04 - Fax + 32 (0)2 672 52 99